• What data do we collect?
• How do we collect your data?
• How will we use your data?
• What are your data protection rights?
• What are cookies?
• What types of cookies do we use?
• How to manage your cookies
• Push Notifications
• Privacy policies of other websites
• How to contact us
• How to contact the appropriate authorities
What data do we collect?
Our Company collects the following data:
• Account Information, such as your name, email address, password, postal address, phone number, subscription, delivery and dietary preferences and any other information you choose to provide;
• Transaction Information, such as information about the Products you purchase, shipping and delivery information and information related to returns, refunds and cancellations. We may also collect and store limited payment information from you, such as payment card type; however, we do not collect or store full payment card numbers and all transactions are processed by our third party payment processor.
• Information About Others, such as the names and email addresses of gift recipients when you purchase gifts through the Sites or invite friends or family to try the Sites or Products.
• Other Information You Choose to Provide, such as when you participate in a survey, contest, promotion or interactive area of the Sites or when you request technical or customer support.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide Our Company with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
• Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
• Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
• Use or view our website via your browser’s cookies.
• Sign up for a newsletter or email list.
• Apply for a job.
• Communicate with us via third party social media sites.
• Request customer support or otherwise communicate with us.
We may also obtain information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect directly. For example, we may collect information about you when you post content to our pages or feeds on third party social media sites, or if you use credentials (e.g., username and password) from a third party site to create or log into your DropChef account.
How will we use your data?
Our Company collects your data so that we can:
• Process your order, manage your account.
• Provide, maintain and improve the Sites and Products.
• Manage your account and send you related information, including confirmations, updates, technical notices, security alerts and support and administrative messages.
• Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
• Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service.
• Monitor and analyse trends, usage and activities in connection with the Sites.
• Personalise and improve the Sites and provide advertisements, content and features that match your profile or interests.
With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work or perform services on our behalf.
When Our Company processes your order, it may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
Our Company would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like as well as weekly information important to your account and meal selection.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop DropChef from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email email@example.com and use the subject line “Unsubscribe”
What are your data protection rights?
DropChef would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request DropChef for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that DropChef correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request DropChed to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that DropChef erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that DropChef restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to dropChef’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that DropChef transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us at: 01 515 8211
Or write to us: Unit R, Liffey Trust Building, Upper Sheriff Street, Dublin 1
DropChef takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorised access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to or from us over the Internet.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behavior information. When you visit our websites, we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology.
For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
• Keeping you signed in.
• Understanding how you use our website
• Creating targeted advertisements which are shown to you through third party internet services like Facebook and Google.
• With your consent, we may collect information about your actual location when you use our mobile applications. You may stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the settings on your mobile device, but note that some features of our mobile applications may no longer function if you do so.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
• Functionality – Our Company uses these cookies so that we recognize you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
• Advertising – Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Our Company sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website .
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
We may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device or within our mobile applications.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us
Email us at: Hello@dropchef.com
Call us: 01 515 8211
Or write to us at: Unit Q, Liffey Trust, Upper Sheriff Street, Dublin 1
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that DropChef has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner’s Office.
Data Protection Commission
21 Fitzwilliam Square South